The Characteristics and Advantages of Polyurethane Wheels
Why do casters have polyurethane wheels?
Polyurethane is commonly known as Youli glue, spring glue, full name: polyurethane or isocyanate polymer. Polyurethane is an elastomer between plastic and rubber, and its excellent comprehensive properties are not available in ordinary plastic and rubber.
1. Characteristics of polyurethane wheels
The elastomer of the polyurethane wheel has good properties such as wear resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, high strength, high elasticity, low pressure resistance, strong shock absorption, tear resistance, radiation resistance, high load bearing and shock absorption. Polyurethane wheels also have a wide range of hardness, from Shore A10-100. There are already products on the market that exceed Shore A100 and above. In addition, polyurethane wheels have excellent sound-absorbing characteristics, and the wheels do not produce noise during movement, which can achieve a mute effect. These characteristics of PU wheels are very suitable as caster materials.
2. Polyurethane wheels can be processed in a variety of ways
(1) Polyurethane wheels can be formed by injection, extrusion, calendering, blow molding and other processes like ordinary plastics (referring to CPU);
(2) The polyurethane wheel elastomer can also be formed by mastication, mixing, and vulcanization processes like general rubber (referring to MPU);
(3) Polyurethane wheels can also be made into liquid rubber, pouring molding or spraying, potting, centrifugal molding (referring to CPU).
2. What are the advantages of polyurethane plastics?
Polyurethane plastic is widely used in casters. It is a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer with light weight, impact resistance, wear resistance and corrosion resistance manufactured by casting production process. Why did you choose this material? Because he has some unique characteristics:
1. Good wear resistance, 5-8 times that of nitrile rubber;
2. Good bending strength and good elasticity;
3. High tensile strength and elongation at break
4. Strong tear resistance;
5. Moderate temperature resistance (-50℃～85℃) up to 120℃;
6. Good oil resistance, water resistance, mildew resistance and solvent resistance;
7. Good aging resistance.
8. The hardness can be adjusted in a large range (Shore 15A～98A);
9. Low compression deformation rate;
Rubber Mold Plastic Mold Cold Isostatic Pressing Bags CIP bags